I feel like I’m 12 today. I’m wearing denim on denim, a Mickey Mouse tee and Converse sneakers. Not to mention, I actually purchased a CD this morning. I can’t remember the last time I went to the store to buy a hard copy of an album but if Target is going to give me three extra Coldplay songs then you better believe I’ll be there right when the doors open.
May has been a good month. It certainly snuck up on me and flew by and here I am, twenty days in and blogging for the first time. Partly due to the fact that I’ve been busy with weddings and partly due to the fact that I’ve felt a bit censored. Afraid I’ll say the wrong thing or expose something I shouldn’t have. I felt as though it was better for me to not say anything at all if what I wanted to say needed to be diluted.
In case you didn’t know, my dad is the quirkiest person I know and I absolutely love that about him. He accompanied me to a concert a few weeks ago in Charlotte. Keep in mind, he’s 60 years old, it was a Friday night and it was to see a band he had never heard of, Johnnyswim. During our drive from Raleigh to the Queen City, I learned all about the spacecraft that sucked a woman from her high-rise apartment in the middle of New York City. Hundreds of on-lookers saw it happen but the woman doesn’t remember the extraction and the government has the evidence hidden. Strangely enough, my dad called my brother this past Saturday night and told him he just saw a UFO spaceship and then proceeded to text him a blurry picture of the sky claiming it soared away when his camera flashed. I can’t make these things up.
Although the month is coming to a close, I do want to at least document the progress from April and list the few May goals that I just might be able to check off before the 31st rolls around.
1. Get at that blogging. – Fail.
2. Schedule a staff meeting. – Weddings discussed and margaritas consumed. Success.
3. Send out promotional materials. – Who am I kidding? I didn’t even pretend to start this.
4. Design a mind-blowing styled shoot. – Accomplished this last week and I can’t wait to see the pictures. Stay tuned. 5. Spruce up and spring clean the office. – I re-arranged the office. I cleaned. I added a few new cute decor items. My home away from home is so fresh and so clean clean.
1. Start classes at Pure Barre. – You’re not going to believe this but I have become addicted to Pure Barre. I absolutely love it. So much so, I actually went four times in one week. I haven’t worked out four times in one week since my cheerleading days.
2. Rise-n-Shine. – I did better. Aside from the day after weddings which is when I normally have a wedding hangover. I wore my Fitbit to a wedding in April and no joke, at the end of the night I had burned 2,500 calories and had walked more than 10 miles.
3. Finalize Easter plans. – Sweet memories. 4. Go bake a cake. – Done and done. I had about a thousand lemons left over from a wedding so I whipped up a Lemon Pound Cake which was so delicious. 5. Compile my 30 before 30. – The amount of people who have asked me how old I am this past week has been astounding. I think the universe is doing it to mess with me and to remind me 30 is just right around the corner. You can find the list here in case you missed it.
6. H2O – This is an ongoing battle.
1. Catch up on emails. – Having weddings every weekend has taken a toll on the email inbox. My goal is to get that thing down to zero by the end of the month.
2. Fix my slush machine. – The slush machine is temporarily out of order and it’s depressing me to see it just sitting here. I’m determined to have it fixed by the end of the month.
3. Finish strong. – It’s two of the busiest wedding months for me so to be honest, my main goal is to give each client everything I have and close out this month and the next on top of my game. And in order to be on top of my game, I should note that I will never write out the pronunciation of names for wedding party introductions ever again because I suck at it.
1. Go camping. – It’s numero 7 on my list of 30 before 30 and I plan to take care of that this upcoming weekend.
2. Go fishing. – I’ll tackle this one in combination with the one above. Speaking of tackle which makes me think of my wedding tackle box that contains anything and everything you can think of in case of a wedding day emergency, I recently had someone at a wedding come to me while I was holding the tackle box. She leaned down as if to look inside and said “Oh my gosh! What kind of animal do you have in there?”
3. Go have an eye exam. – I have to start making some progress on my 30 before 30 so I should go ahead and take care of this. Don’t you think I should treat myself to some sweet new Raybans post-eye exam? Yeah. Me too.
In case you haven’t yet, I highly recommend you purchase the new Coldplay album and listen to it on repeat for four hours like I’ve done today. I haven’t been crazy about their last few albums or that “Para-Para-Paradise” song with Rihanna. However, they’ve completely redeemed themselves with the album “Ghost Stories.” It reminds of the first time I heard “Yellow,” downloaded it from Napster, burned it to a CD and knew I had just found a song I would never not want to hear.
I hope your May ends on a high note. Hopefully I’ll survive the final days and I don’t get eaten by a bear on my camping trip or abducted by an alien randomly.