When it comes to planning your wedding, many details and elements need to be decided. One of the most important being the last dance song you are going to play at the end of the night.
Not only is the last song of your wedding the one that your guests will probably remember the most, but it also has to capture the theme and atmosphere of your special day.
Some couples will prefer to end their night on a high, by playing an upbeat pop song that everyone can enjoy. While others will prefer to take a more emotional approach and choose a song that celebrates them and their relationship.
Depending on the feel of your wedding and your references, the last song of the night can take on a myriad of different forms. And with there being so many songs to choose from, we have decided to help you in your decision making.
In the following article, we have chosen 53 last dance songs, which we believe are the perfect way to bid your family and friends farewell. In our chosen selection, we have wedding classics, indie anthems and rock ballads – so you know that there’s something for everyone.
Emotional Last Dance Songs
1. ‘Can’t Help Falling In Love’ (By Elvis Presley)
If you are keen to end your night on a slow and emotional note, then this classic love song from 1961 is perfect for a final spin on the dance floor.
2. ‘I Will Always Love You’ (By Dolly Parton)
We know that the Whitney version is amazing, but there’s just something magical about hearing the song being sung by the same woman who composed it.
3. ‘(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life’ (By Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes)
Best known for featuring in the 1987 movie Dirty Dancing, this romantic song is the perfect way to conclude your special night.
4. ‘At Last’ (By Etta James)
This slow and sensual song may not be the obvious choice for a final song, but we think it packs just enough romance to fit the bill.
5. ‘Unchained Melody’ (By The Righteous Brothers)
Famous for appearing in the 1990 movie Ghost, this passionate and emotional track has become the anthem of love stories around the world – so does it suit yours?
6. ‘God Only Knows’ (By The Beach Boys)
First released in 1966, this short yet emotional song pretty much sums up the complicated feelings of loving someone with your whole heart.
7. ‘All Of Me’ (By John Legend)
John legend is considered one of the most talented artists currently working in the music industry and this heart-wrenching ballad proves exactly why.
Joyous Last Dance Songs
1. ‘I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)’ (By The Proclaimers)
Written and performed by two Scottish brothers, this upbeat and energetic track will have everyone up on their feet and dancing through the night.
2. ‘Come On Eileen’ (By Dexy’s Midnight Runners)
Released in 1982, this fast-paced and bombastic number is the very definition of a crowd-pleaser.
3. ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ (By Rick Astley)
We have all experienced the shame of being rick-rolled, but let’s not forget why the original song is considered a 1980s classic.
4. ‘Uptown Funk’ (By Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars)
If you want to end the night on a high, then look no further than this funky and upbeat tune from 2014.
5. ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody’ (By Whitney Houston)
Make your final spin on the dance floor as memorable as can be with this smooth and dance-worthy track.
6. ‘Walking On Sunshine’ (By Katrina & The Waves)
If this song isn’t the perfect choice for a summer wedding, then we don’t know what is! Fun and bouncy, this song is guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s face.
7. ‘September’ (By Earth, Wind & Fire)
This groovy and iconic track was first released in 1978 and perfectly captures the essence of flower power, love and peace.
Ensemble Last Dance Songs
1. ‘The Bird Dance’ (By The Emeralds)
Love it or hate it, but this iconic piece of music has become a staple in weddings across the world and promises to get everyone on their feet.
2. ‘Macarena’ (By Los Del Rio)
If you want a group song to end the night, then the ‘Macarena’ should always be at the top of your list.
3. ‘Cha Cha Slide’ (By DJ Casper)
Not only is this song iconic, but it is also lasting and eternal – what more can we say?
4. ‘YMCA’ (By The Village People)
Everyone loves the ‘YMCA’, so if this song isn’t already on your wedding playlist, then it should be.
5. ‘Electric Boogie’ (By Marcia Griffiths)
First released in 1990, this song is a quick and effective way to flood the dance floor before the night ends.
6. ‘The Loco-Motion’ (By Kylie Minogue)
Is this song a work of art? No. But will it make everyone jump for joy? Most likely, and at the end of a long day that’s all you really want.
Classic Last Dance Songs
1. ‘What A Wonderful World’ (By Louis Armstrong)
Slow, impactful and yet filled with joy, this heart-warming song has become a staple at many weddings and we can see why.
2. ‘My Girl’ (By The Temptations)
This is a classic number that can beautifully end even the most elegant of wedding receptions.
3. ‘Sweet Caroline’ (By Neil Diamond)
First recorded in 1969, this jumpy and bombastic track promises to get everyone in the party mood.
4. ‘Love Story’ (By Taylor Swift)
If you need a romantic and upbeat number to close out the night, then you can never go wrong with the pop princess herself.
5. ‘Stand By Me’ (By Ben E. King)
Jazzy and iconic, this simple yet effective choice is ideal for bidding farewell to your guests and loved ones.
6. ‘Cheek To Cheek’ (By Ella Fitzgerald)
This smooth and upbeat number comes from 1956 and has remained a popular wedding song ever since.
7. ‘The Way You Look Tonight’ (By Frank Sinatra)
Yet another lively track from the by-gone days, this song is a classy approach to bring your wedding to an end.
Pop Last Dance Songs
1. ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ (By Justin Timberlake)
If you want to end your wedding with a catchy and memorable tune, then who better to use than Justin Timberlake himself.
2. ‘Marry You’ (By Bruno Mars)
Why would you even have a wedding without playing this iconic track? It has ‘marry’ in the title!
3. ‘Dancing Queen’ (By ABBA)
What’s the most effective way to get everyone dancing? Why by playing some Abba of course!
4. ‘Love On Top’ (By Beyonce)
You can always count on Queen B to get everyone’s spirits up, and this song is no exception.
5. ‘Shut Up and Dance’ (Walk The Moon)
This is just one of those songs that grabs your attention and refuses to let go! Fun, memorable and dance-worthy – this song should be on everyone’s wedding playlist.
6. ‘Wannabe’ (By The Spice Girls)
Bring a touch of the 90s into your wedding party with this classic bop from the most successful girl group of all time.
7. ‘Bye Bye Bye’ (By NSync)
Yes, we know it’s more Justin Timberlake, but we don’t care! This song is a classic and is the best way to wrap up your special day.
Country Last Dance Songs
1. ‘Wagon Wheel’ (By Darius Rucker)
If you want to add a touch of the country into your wedding day, then there’s no better anthem than ‘Wagon Wheel’ by Darius Rucker.
2. ‘Could I Have This Dance’ (By Anne Murray)
Slow and emotional, this country ballad was first released in 1980 and has featured at many weddings since.
3. ‘Take Me Home Country Roads’ (By John Denver)
This song is a classic for a reason, so if country music is your thing, play this earthy ballad to round out the night.
4. ‘I Don’t Want This Night To End’ (By Luke Bryan)
You will probably never want your wedding night to end, so why not let everyone know by placing this empowering country bop.
5. ‘From This Moment On’ (By Shania Twain)
This slow and romantic number is perfect for country fans who want to end the night on an emotional note.
6. ‘Friends In Low Places’ (By Garth Brooks)
Show your friends and family just how much they mean to you by finishing off the night with this tear-jerking track.
Rock Last Dance Songs
1. ‘All You Need Is Love’ (By The Beatles)
Not only is this classic tune about love, but it’s bright, energetic and the sweetest way to end your wedding.
2. Livin’ On A Prayer (By Bon Jovi)
This is the kind of song that can even get grandparents on the dance floor, so why not chuck it on and end your night with some fun.
3. ‘I Don’t Want Want To Miss A Thing’ (By Aerosmith)
Another classic rock anthem that will end your wedding on one hell of a high.
4. ‘Mr Brightside’ (By The Killers)
Get everyone on their feet and headbanging into the early hours with this iconic rock n rock track.
5. ‘Take Me Home Tonight’ (By Eddie Money)
Who doesn’t love a bit of 80s rock? So why not please everyone by playing this iconic beat.
6. ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ (By Queen)
Not only will this classic anthem have everyone smiling and singing along, but it is always a solid way to wrap up the wedding night.
7. ‘Don’t Stop Believing’ (By Journey)
Probably best known for featuring in Glee, this rock n roll anthem has become a popular last dance song around the world.
Indie Last Dance Songs
Catchy and full of life, this song will leave a lasting impression on your friends and family.
2. ‘Dog Days Are Over’ (By Florence & The Machine)
This bohemian and rustic song is not only beautiful but bombastic and bubbling with energy.
3. ‘Baby I’m Yours’ (By Arctic Monkeys)
This adorable song is filled with character and is a sweet and simple way to round off the night.
4. ‘Sun Sun Sun’ (By Noah & The Whale)
Brimming with charm and individuality, this cute little romance song will lighten even the darkest moods.
5. ‘Angela’ (By The Lumineers)
Haunting and ethereal, this song promises to leave a memorable impression on guests and family alike.
6. ‘Our Love’ (By Judah & The Lion)
Now a popular song on many wedding playlists, this joyous anthem celebrates love in all its shapes and forms.